4-yr-old Max to me, “I love making you laugh, Grandmummy!” And he succeeded when he visited us last June.
In fact, I just came across a notebook of his “pearls.” I would love to hear some treasures your grandchildren have spouted forth. Please share them with me. In the meantime, here is more of Max’s erudition:
1. On the couch Max asks — “Hey, Grandmummy, are you going to hang out with me?”
2. Out on the deck, Max is yelling out words and hearing them echoed back — “Why is the whole world copying me?” he asks.
3. Walking into the bank while running errands Max shouts, “Where’s the waiting room?”
4. When I said I needed to go to the ladies room, Max remarks, “Try and hold it before you go to the bathroom.”
5. Jokes Max liked: “Why was the skeleton afraid to cross the street?…because he didn’t have any guts.” And also, “Why did the dog chase his tail?…to make ends meet.” (Max answered the 2nd joke, “to make two ends and one meet.”)
6. With reference to muting TV commercials, Max said, “Why do you always make it quiet?” And once when the commercial ended, he said, “You can make it noisy now.”
7. Max, Dad, Roy, and I were together in the living room. Dad and Roy wear dentures; Max and I don’t. Max’s observation: “There’s two people in the room who have teeth that can get out, and two people with teeth that can’t get out.”
8. We were watching a hockey game on TV, and Max remarked, “There’s a warm one [meaning field hockey] and a cold one [meaning ice hockey]. This one [on the TV] is cold.”
9. Out of the blue, Max asked, “Why does everybody need beer?”
Be sure and write down and save all the words of wisdom that come from your grandchildren. You will be glad you did.
Yours in aging with class,
Photos from Max’s visit:
*Max’s Smoothie Zipzicle Recipe – made from ingredients of his choice: spinach, strawberries, pineapple, raspberries, blackberries, blueberries, almond milk